Whether you are a footballer, rugby player, cricketer, athlete, a semi-pro or a seasoned professional you are entitled to claim for your expenses.
Read our guide below to see what you can claim…
Why wait? It’s no refund no fee so you’ve nothing to lose!
Sport coaches and trainers can claim tax relief for many expenses:
- Membership fees and subscriptions
- The purchase of specialised clothing or equipment i.e. Kit; Trainers; Football boots; etc.
- Washing and upkeep of specialist clothing and uniforms necessary to your activity
- Mileage costs incurred when using your own vehicle to travel to temporary workplaces i.e. Visiting multiple sites, like grounds, schools; clubs; etc.
- Mileage costs incurred when travelling to games or competitions
- Telephone and internet costs associated with your occupation
What tax refunds are professional sportspeople entitled to?
- Use of own vehicle – if you use your own vehicle to travel to training grounds, away and reserve games, home matches (if on loan)
- Cost of any kit and the cost of laundering it
- Food and accommodation costs whilst traveling